2019 MEET HIGHLIGHTS
January 16, 2020: The Winter Track team finished 3rd in the high jump relay, represented by Marie Pinque and Mikayla Jones. The shuttle hurdle relay team of Jenna and Lia D’Orio, Bella Martinez and Pinque also set a school record.
October 17, 2019: In today’s Gloucester County Cross Country Championship OLMA runners finished 5th as a team out of a field of 12 teams. We were the 1st small school to finish 5 scoring runners. Samantha Marks medaled at 19th place. It was a tremendous finish for our school as we competed against much larger schools as Kingsway, Washington Twp, Clearview and Williamstown.
October 8, 2019: The Cross Country team won their 2nd dual match of the year, with only 4 runners, which is an incredible feat!
September 30, 2019: OLMA got the win today against Bridgeton High School!
September 21, 2019: Annie Weisbecker placed 13th out of 52 runners in the first varsity race of the day at the Ray Hoagland Invitational. Annie earned her medal with a time of 24:35.97. Siena Marsico just missed the top 20 medal ceremony by placing 21st. In the girls Stud race Samantha Marks finished 9th and Nina Ceccanechio finished 10th out of 60 runners. The ladies are doing an outstanding job this season!
Septmber 14, 2019: OLMA Cross Country came home with a lot of hardware from today’s South Jersey Shootout! Congratulations to medalists: Nina, Sam, Sienna, and Annie!
September 7, 2019: OLMA Cross Country rocked the Cherokee Challenge Today. Take a look at the video on the right!
May 20-21, 2019 — NPB South Sectionals at Donovan Catholic High School
- Freshman, Nina Ceccanecchio placed 8th in the 200, 6th and the 400, and 5th in the high jump. Nina advanced to States in all of her events.
- Freshman, Samantha Marks placed 8th in the 1600-meter and advanced to States.
- Sophomore, Marie Pinque placed 5th in the 100 hurdles, 8th in the 400 hurdles, and 3rd in the high jump. Marie advanced to States in all of her events.
- Freshman, Kelly Schwartz placed 10th in the discus.
- Sophomore, Mikayla Jones, freshman, Samantha Marks, freshman, Annie Weisbecker, and freshman, Nina Ceccanecchio placed 5th in the 4×4 and advanced to states.
May 19, 2019 — Notre Dame High School Freshmen-Sophmore meet
- Kelly Schwartz placed 2nd in discus and 5th in the shot put.
May 16, 2019 — Cape Atlantic League Championships at Bridgeton High School.
- Freshman, Samantha Marks placed 7th in the 1600 meter race.
May 9, 2019 — Gloucester County Championship at Delsea Regional High School
- Sophomore, Marie Pinque placed 2nd place in the high jump.
April 22, 2019 — Highland Frosh/Soph Meet at Highland High School
- Freshman, Nina Ceccanecchio placed 1st in the 100 and 2nd place in the 200 and 400-meter dash as well as 2nd place in the high jump.
- Freshman, Kelly Schwartz placed 2nd in discus and 4th place in shot put.
- Sophomore, Mikayla Jones placed 6th in the 100 and 4th in the 400.
- Sophomore, Annie Weisbecker placed 6th in the 400 and 3rd in the 800.
- Sophomore, Marie Pinque placed 4th in the 100 hurdles, 1st in the 400 hurdles, and 3rd in the high jump
April 6, 2019 — OLMA’s Nina Ceccanechecio and Mikayla Jones were big winners for OLMA at the Jim Camburn Relays Saturday held at Buena High School today. Nina and Mikayla each earned four medals. Highlights include:
- Nina and Marie Pinque (winner of three medals) won the small schools’ division high jump relay.
- Lia D’orio and Mis Rudolph were winners of three medals each. Annie Weisbecker and Samantha Marks were winners of two medals each.
- Marie Pinque and Kelly Schwartz just missed a medal by placing 7th in the combined large and small schools’ shot put relay event.
April 3, 2019 — The OLMA Track and Field team opened its season today at Lower Cape May Regional High School. Here are some meet highlights:
- Nina Ceccanechecio, in her first varsity meet, finished 1st in the 100-meter dash, 2nd in the 400 while also scoring team points in the 200 meters and High Jump.
- Samantha Marks finished 3rd in the 1600 meters in her first varsity meet.
- Mikayla Jones finished 3rd in the 400 meters while also competing in the 100 and 200 meters.
- Lia D’ORIO finished 3rd in the Long Jump
- Kelly Schwartz threw in the shot put and discus events
- Annie Weisbecker (800, 1600) and Marie Pinque (high jump, 400 hurdles and 100 hurdles) also provided team points.
- Siena Marsico ran the 800 in her first varsity meet.
For the team’s full competition schedule, click here.