Working Papers Information

All minors under the age of 18 who work in New Jersey must have an employment certificate — also called “working papers” or a special permit (for agriculture, newspaper carrier, or theatrical employment).   An employment certificate is required for each different employer.

  • Minors can obtain a blank certificate from the Guidance office or by clicking on the following link to print a copy: WORKING PAPERS.
  • After the minor completes the personal information (Part A), they must then take the certificate to the employer who will complete the employment information and promise of employment (Part B). Next, a physician must complete Part C. The certificate must be brought back to the school for Parts D, E, and F.
  • An OLMA guidance counselor will complete working papers during the school year. During the summer months, Mrs. Cusick can complete working papers in the main office Monday through Thursday, 9 AM — 1 PM.