Your investment, their future
Creating a legacy at Our Lady of Mercy Academy not only benefits education for our young women, but it also ensures your charitable efforts will continue to impact the lives of our students for years to come.
As a benefactor of OLMA who wishes to be the positive change that you want to see in the world, your support of the OLMA sisterhood will help our students lead a world of positive change.
There are ways to optimize your giving to receive tax benefits with your gift of securities or assets and also create a legacy through a bequest or charitable distribution. We advise that you talk with your financial planning advisor to make sure you have the best plan for reaching your financial and charitable giving goals.
See below for information on how you can make a gift today, as well as benefit students for generations to come by making a bequest, including OLMA as a beneficiary, gifting stocks and securities, or making a charitable contribution. If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
"Our Lady of Mercy Academy has been a wonderful, nurturing environment that has allowed my daughter to grow academically, spiritually, and socially. They have provided a strong sense of independence with a balanced approach to school and expectations for the future. OLMA offers many experiences that have allowed my daughter to explore various areas of study and leadership roles."
"I am most grateful for the wonderful teachers that provided me with the best education!"
"You don’t go into a classroom and not hear girls chanting and encouraging each other to get the right answer or to keep trying." OLMA Student
"Our Lady of Mercy Academy is more than a school. It’s a community of supportive students, family, friends, and staff. Our young ladies today are faced with so many challenges and OLMA provides a safe, fun and memorable experience for the girls to learn and grow. I recommend OLMA to any family looking to have their daughter develop into a young confident woman."
The information provided here is for illustrative purposes only and is not intended as tax or legal advice. If you have assets that are not mentioned below that you would like to gift to OLMA, please contact us as soon as it is convenient to discuss your goals. We are happy to explore how a charitable gift might fit into your plans and invite you to become part of our community of supporters. We encourage you to consult with your own tax advisor or financial planner to make sure your plans align with your needs and goals.
LEAVING A BEQUEST
Have you thought about your legacy and how it will live on? If you would like to leave a legacy at OLMA to benefit our programs after your lifetime through a bequest, please see our information below. Please contact email@example.com to let us know so we can include you as a legacy donor.
- If you include OLMA in your plans, please use our legal name and federal tax ID.
- Legal Name: Our Lady of Mercy Academy
- Address: 1001 Main Road, Newfield, NJ 08344
- Federal Tax ID Number: 421-566-211/000
- Example language: I give to Our Lady of Mercy Academy, a non-profit 501(c)(3) corporation, located in Newfield, New Jersey, organized and existing under the laws of the State of New Jersey, the sum of $_______ [or ______% of the rest, residue and remainder of my estate] to be used for its general purpose.
- Be sure to consult with your estate administrators regarding taxation as taxes are sometimes charged against amounts distributed to charities.
If you would like to include OLMA as a beneficiary in your IRA, retirement plan, life insurance policy, or commercial annuities, please take these steps to make this type of gift.
- Contact your retirement plan administrator, insurance company, bank or financial institution for a change-of-beneficiary form.
- Decide what percentage (1 to 100) you would like us to receive and name us, along with the percentage you chose, on the beneficiary form. (See above information.)
- Return the completed form to your plan administrator, insurance company, bank or financial institution.
- Be sure to contact your estate planner to make sure the above is in line with your financial goals.
STOCKS AND SECURITIES
If you would like to give a gift of appreciated stock or securities to OLMA, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your financial advisor on the email to notify us of your intent. Below is the DTC information to get started, and we will be happy to assist you and your financial advisor with our specific account code that you will need to complete the transfer.*
- Account name: Our Lady of Mercy Academy
- Receiving Firm: Charles Schwab
- DTC: 0164
- Please contact email@example.com to obtain our brokerage account number.
*Please note that if you are planning to give at the end of the calendar year, let us know in advance so we can ensure the transaction will be processed in a timely manner for you.
If you would like to give through your IRA, please contact your IRA administrator to make a check out to OLMA (see information below). If you are 70 1/2 years old and want to give through your IRA, you can possibly benefit by reducing your adjusted gross income, which can impact Medicare premiums and the taxability of Social Security benefits.
Our Lady of Mercy Academy
1001 Main Road
Newfield, NJ 08344
If you are interested in making a gift to OLMA that allows you to see its impact during your lifetime in addition to leaving a legacy, please contact our firstname.lastname@example.org You may also complete the form below to make a gift now. On behalf of all of us, thank you for your generosity.