Admission to OLMA is competitive and students are evaluated based upon five areas: application with essay; teacher recommendations; transcript; entrance exam, and in-person interview.
Our Lady of Mercy Academy offers College Prep, Honors and AP courses. Dual credit is also available through various community colleges.
Students take eight academic courses per year including the following:
- Theology: 4 years
- English: 4 years
- Mathematics: 4 years
- HIstory: 3 years
- Science (with lab): 3 years
- Foreign Language: 2 years
- Bravery Training/Lifetime Fitness — 1 year
- About Bravery Training: Bravery training was a course designed to empower girls and cultivate the courage and confidence necessary for them to realize their own leadership potential. The freshmen year course is part of a two-year L2T (leadership, life skills, and technology) program created to foster the competencies for girls that today’s world expects from its leaders.
- Mini-Mester: 3 years
- About Mini-Mesters: All freshmen, sophomores, and juniors are required to take a Mini-Mester course each spring. The Academy Mini-Mester is a week-long experiential learning course that can include academic research, travel, service and/or leadership training. Students will receive academic credit for this course. To learn more about Mini-Mesters, click here.
OLMA is accredited by the Middle States Association of Secondary Schools & Colleges. We are also a member of the National Catholic Education Association.
In addition to our daily academic curriculum students enjoy a variety of enrichment opportunities in many different areas throughout the school year. Some of these include:
- International Exchange Program
- Music and Theater Programs
- 15+ School Clubs
- Job Shadow Program
- Alumnae Career Fair
- Mock-Interview Program
- College Common Application Essay Writing Boot Camp
- Lifetime Fitness and Bravery Training
- Experiential Academic Field Trips
- Public speaking (L2T year two)
- STEM & Business 101 (L2T year two)
- Digital Communications (L2T year two)
- Financial Literacy (L2T year two)
For more details, contact us to find out more today.